Suggestions for program coordinators:
1. If ice permits one practice per week
2. Full mentorship for both players and coaches (use of senior players)
3. Half of the practice consists of skating and ring drills
4. Half of the practice consists of cross-ice games with variation of using ring, ball and other fun games.
1. 2-4 games per month
2. Jamboree type games cross-ice with two or three games going on at one time (no lines to pass over so look at implementing a two or three pass rule before shot) 30 Minutes
3. All teams do warm -up together (tag, Mr. Wolf etc) 10-20 minutes
4. All teams do half time cheer together
5. All teams do final hand shake then cheer together will all having candy or some special treat.
6. No referees
7. Minimum of two coaches per team per game to assit.
8. Use pylons or bumpers to help mark cross ice surfaces
9. Lacombe is to provide one ice slot per month for the three team jambouree and Red Deer is to do the same.
The Directors resolved to Re-evaluate the process at Christmas time for any modifications.
1. One coach on the ice until Jan 1
2. Individual team warm-ups
3. No 3 minute buzzer
4. 3 goal rule
5. At half time there be a game-relay and a collective group cheer
Poor Weather Ice Use Policy:
Games are to be attended as scheduled unless the AMA road advisory indicate Red.
If the roads are indicated red, the coaches will contact each other within a reasonable time before the game is to start and the home team cancels the referees.